29 Jun NEW YORK MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT STATISTICS
Posted By Gruenberg Kelly Della || 29-Jun-2018
Motorcycle Accidents and Fatalities Are Common in New York State
According to the New York State Department of Health, there are a number of striking trends throughout the state regarding motorcycle-related injuries and crashes.
The NYSDOH reports surprising statistics regarding the frequency of motorcycle accidents:
- On average, New York hospitals treat 1,558 people per year for motorcycle accident-related injuries.
- Roughly 4,458 emergency room visits every year in New York are because of motorcycle injuries.
- On average, 141 motorcyclists are killed each year due to motor vehicle related accidents.
The overall cost of motorcycle accidents is staggering. The NYSDOH reports:
- Emergency room visits regarding motorcycle accidents cost upwards of $8 million annually.
- Hospital visits and treatments related to motorcycle accidents cost roughly $80 million every year.
- On average, approximately 170 people are killed in motorcycle accidents every year, leading to millions of dollars in hospital bills, funeral costs, lost wages, and more.
Strong Legal Representation for Motorcyclists in Long Island
Our team at Gruenberg Kelly Della is committed to the safety and well-being of motorcyclists throughout Long Island and New York. We serve motorcycle riders and their loved ones in the aftermath of serious accidents and represent people seeking to recover compensation for damages after a crash.
When someone else’s recklessness causes you serious bodily harm or results in the death of someone you love, you may be eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. This often helps riders and their loved ones recover funds to pay for things like medical bills and rehabilitation and make up for lost wages, lost inheritance, and other financial consequences of the accident. If your motorcycle accident is serious enough, you may even be able to sue for pain and suffering.
Regardless of the severity of your case or the injuries you or your loved one is experiencing, call (888) 305-6372 or contact us online to speak to a Long Island attorney.