Personal Support For Every Client

We want you to feel like you are one of ours from beginning to the end of your case.

Aggressively Fight For Our Clients

Due to our tenacious approach, we have secured more than $100 million in the past.

No Recovery, No Fee

If we do not win your case, you don't have to pay- and every case consultation is 100% free.


Posted By Gruenberg Kelly Della || 17-Sep-2019
The aftermath of a car accident often involves the process of determining who was at fault for the collision. Sometimes, proving fault is not the final step before receiving benefits — because the driver who was responsible for the accident does not have sufficient insurance coverage to pay for your injuries. Although having a car insurance policy is covered by law, people defy those laws and manage to drive around uninsured. Or, some drivers who do have coverage do not have sufficient coverage, and are therefore unable to compensate the victims of their negligence following an accident. In other cases, there may not even be somebody you can attribute fault to because you were involved in a hit-and-run collision.

To account for these situations, insurance providers offer uninsured motorist coverage. This type of policy provides benefits to drivers who are injured because of the negligence of another driver who is uninsured, underinsured, or absent. But what happens if you do not have uninsured motorist insurance and are involved in a hit–and-run accident, or a collision with someone who does not have sufficient insurance benefits? Will you have to pay out of pocket for your injury-related expenses?

Your financial responsibility in an accident with an uninsured driver will depend on the laws in your state. In a no fault state, you would have to file a claim with your insurance company regardless of who caused the accident. Therefore, you would be covered despite the other driver’s lack of insurance or absence.

In an at fault state, proving fault is essential for recovering compensation. If you live in an at fault state, you could be liable for the damages resulting from an accident with an uninsured driver. Depending on your insurance policy, you may receive some coverage, but will have to cover your own expenses or sue the other driver (if you know who they are) for the remaining damages.

If you were injured by the negligence of another person, Gruenberg Kelly Della is available to discuss your case. Use our message form or call (888) 305-6372 to schedule a free consultation.