28 Feb What to Do If Involved in a Truck Accident?
Truck accidents can be horrific and deadly. In busy places like New York, it’s nothing for hundreds of thousands of trucks to pass through the city each year, so collisions are bound to occur. Be that as it may, accidents demand accountability, which is our ardent focus at Gruenberg Kelly Della.
Do you know what to do if you experience a truck accident?
What to Do If Involved in a Truck Accident
There are many common consequences that stem from truck accidents:
- Head Injuries
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Spinal Injuries
- . . . and more than 120 deaths per year in New York alone.
Sometimes, when these accidents happen, the truck driver could be at fault and you might have a case for damages and restitution. If so, it’s important to follow a few important steps:
- After the accident, the most paramount concern is attending to any injured party. If someone is hurt, contact medical assistance immediately.
- Once things calm down a bit, gather information and talk to any nearby witnesses. You’ll want to obtain everyone’s insurance information, take pictures of the accident scene if possible, and speak with local authorities about all that transpired. You should see them performing a forensic investigation of the accident scene.
- Especially if you’re unsure of who was at fault, you should notify your insurance company and seek consultation with a personal injury law firm. They may be able to help you recover damages resulting from serious injury, lost wages from being in the hospital, and much more.
Gruenberg Kelly Della – Personal Injury Defenders for Truck Accidents
Some estimates show that we have about 10 truck accidents every day in New York. Thankfully, our team of personal injury attorneys possesses a combined 100+ years of experience and training in these difficult situations. Plus, all of our initial consultations are free, so you have nothing to lose by reaching out to us.
Not only do we have all that experience litigating truck accident disputes, but our team gets results. How so? We’ve recovered a total of more than $100 million for clients in an assortment of tough cases.
Whether you find yourself pitted against a truck driver, the trucking company, the truck manufacturer, or even the truck maintenance companies, we’ll fight to ensure you don’t become a victim of negligence and disregard.
Gruenberg Kelly Della encourages you to take careful steps whenever you suffer any type of accident, especially something as potentially traumatic as a truck accident. If you’re in need of our expert legal guidance or aren’t sure who was at fault in an accident, contact us for assistance, at 631-737-4110.