15 Apr Liability for Construction Site Accident Injuries
If you or a work colleague have suffered a construction site injury, you may have a case for civil liability depending upon the circumstances. As you might recall from previous posts, we like to raise awareness for personal injuries involving accidents of various sorts. There are many incidents (car accidents, workplace accidents, etc.) in which you may qualify for civil restitution.
Let’s see how one can determine liability for construction site accident injuries.
Ways Employers Are Liable for Construction Site Accidents
These are some of the common examples of ways employers assume liability for injuries resulting from accidents.
- Any violation of Occupational Safety Health Agency (OSHA) standards. Also, in addition to federal mandates, there are other provisions specific to the state of New York.
- Any time where the employer fails to train employees on safety standards or does not provide adequate supervision for potentially dangerous construction tasks (i.e., trenching, roof installation, and so forth).
- Failure to inspect the construction site and ensure safe working conditions.
- Failure to use proper signage and safety indicators, including safety tape, lights, and other preventative mechanisms.
- Not providing employees with suitable safety equipment specific to the construction task. This covers items like hard hats, safety goggles, protective footwear, breathing apparatus whenever necessary, reflector vests, gloves, harnesses, and more.
As usual, your potential for gaining recompense following an injurious accident is contingent upon your ability to demonstrate one of these failures through written, verbal, and/or photographic evidence. If you suffer a construction site injury, after seeking proper medical care, it’s important to gather information such as eyewitness accounts and supporting evidence of what took place. Once you’ve done that, it’s important to obtain the assistance of a qualified personal injury attorney.
Gruenberg Kelly Della – Helping You Gain Restitution for Construction Site Injuries
We specialize in serving New Yorkers with professional legal counseling in the aftermath of serious accidents. It’s not always clear whether an accident was the result of negligence, so you should strongly consider contacting us for a free consultation.
You have nothing to lose, and if you have a solid case for employer liability, you can depend on our firm to pursue justice to the full extent of the law. We can vouch for that claim with our track record of recovering tens of millions of dollars in restitution through all sorts of personal injury claims. You’ll be in the most capable hands whenever you enlist our services.
Gruenberg Kelly Della is happy to assist you whether you need help navigating a motorcycle accident or a workplace incident such as a slip, trip, or fall. These cases are often complex, but there’s no need to worry. Discover more about how we can help you by reaching out to us at (631) 737-4110.